Walter Herrmann (83) was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award 2018 of the Sparkassenverband Baden-Württemberg on May 16, nominated by the Sparkasse Pforzheim-Calw, paying tribute to an entrepreneur with a pioneering spirit and ingenuity who, in 1961, took the plunge into self-employment with the idea of a reliable ultrasonic generator. Today, Herrmann Ultraschalltechnik GmbH & Co.KG is an internationally operating medium-sized enterprise with locations in 19 countries and 400 employees worldwide.
The winners of the previous years included: Erwin Hymer from Hymer GmbH & Co. KG, Dr. Ing. H. c. mult. Sybill Storz from Karl Storz GmbH & Co. KG, and Heinz-Dieter Schunk from Schunk GmbH in Lauffen am Neckar.
For more than five decades, Walter Herrmann and his people have reliably delivered one innovation after the other: The first sound-proof ultrasonic welding machine, the first visualization option for the welding process on an integrated monitor, and the first fully digital ultrasonic generator come from Herrmann. The company founder received numerous awards for his achievements:
- EDANA INDEX Award for the invention of the "weld gap control".
- 2004 Economic Medal of the State of Baden-Württemberg for the development of the first fully digital ultrasonic generator
- 2006 Innovation Award of the Technology Region Karlsruhe for the rotating sonotrode
- 2007 German Packaging Award for a flexibe film can
- 2010 ZIM Award of the Federal Ministry of Economics for a servo-pneumatic drive
- In 2015, the company was awarded the TOP JOB Seal for the third time. The Herrmann Academy was honored for the training and education of employees, further training measures and the promotion of corporate culture through sport
- In 2016, Herrmann Ultraschall received the "TOP INNOVATOR" award for the second time
Walter Herrmann lives a high social commitment . Thanks to his support, numerous regional projects are supported, as well as employees who volunteer in their leisure time are receiving financial benefits for their organizations and associations.
"Success is quality of life" is his personal credo, as Walter Herrmann revealed in his acceptance speech. Hard work is part of his success, but so is recreation as in hunting or golfing. He also thanked his wife Ingeborg, without whose support he would not have managed such a life's work.